SHIMANO DISC BRAKE KIT BL-MT501/BR-MT500 J-KIT - 1550mm
In Bmx racing, efficient braking is very important. At high speeds, it is preferable to be able to stop quickly and without locking the wheel. The disc brake has become a standard in BMX racing over the past few years, as it slows down the wheel without locking it up in a very efficient way.
The SHIMANO brake kit with its ergonomic 2-finger lever (BL-MT501) and 2-piston brake caliper (BR-MT500) represents the best price/performance ratio. Powerful and precise braking, it is possible to easily adjust the braking. Slim and stable, its master is smooth and robust in design. This lever offers reliable performance, ideal for all types of riding. Equipped with a powerful SEROWAVE brake and an optimized and ergonomic 2-finger brake handle.
If you are looking for the best compromise between efficiency/quality and price, go for the SHIMANO BL-MT501/BR-MT500 brake kit
The advantage of the J-KIT is that you can adjust the length of your hose before fitting your pipe into the master cylinder.
IN DETAIL :
- Brake type: Hydraulic disc
- Model: SHIMANO BL-MT501/BR-MT500
- Lever length: 2 fingers
- Lever mounting: Right hand
- Open clamp: Yes
- Caliper housing: Post Mount
- Brake line: SM-BH59-JK-SS
- Hose length: 1550mm
- Brake fluid: Mineral oil
- Adjustable pressure: No
- Recommended brake disc: Pride Racing Elite Centerlock 140mm
- Brake lever material: Aluminium
- Caliper material: Aluminium
- Brake caliper reference: BR-MT500 (2 Pistons)
- Brake lever reference: BL-MT501
MOUNTING THE J-KIT BRAKE :
- - Position your brake lever on your handlebar.
- - Mount your brake caliper on the disc brake bracket.
- - Remove the black rubber plug from the end of the hose.
- - Remove the end caps from the end of the brake levers.
- - Slide the black rubber nut cover over the hose.
- - Do not remove the small cap on the end of the hose.
- - Insert the brake hose into the lever nut.
- - Taking care to keep the hose at the bottom of the lever nut, tighten the nut to compress the olive in the lever. There is no need to overtighten, the thread of the nut should remain visible, it is then hidden by the nut cover that you slid over the hose earlier.
- - Now you can operate the brake to finalise its installation.
- DISC DIAMETER
- BRAKE LEVIER
- BRAKE PARTS
- Brake Kit
- BRAKE TYPE
- DISC BRAKE ONLY
- CABLE LENGTH
- PRODUCT TYPE
- Kit for Disc brakes